TGCS Ambassador Program
About TGCS Ambassador Program
The TGCS Ambassador program is a leadership development program for high school and college students in which work and leadership opportunities are offered to participants so they may develop their “toolkit” of critical skills and abilities needed for future success. Our Ambassadors are role models for TGCS students, who look up to them for guidance, advice, and encouragement. All Ambassadors are trained by TGCS prior to working with us.
TGCS offers Ambassadors many experiences and opportunities, including:
- Working as a Community Service Volunteer, for which community service hours can be earned to fulfill high school, college, or National Honor Society requirements.
- Working as a Program/Teaching Assistant and/or Camp Counselor for TGCS programs such as The Saturday Workshop and Summer Super Stars Camp STEAM.
- Working as a Junior Instructor to teach specialized courses during TGCS programs, once they turn 17.
- Working as a Tutor to help our TGCS students with their coursework.
- Participating in a special TGCS Ambassador VIP Experience, in which groups of available Ambassadors take part in an experiential day of learning, team building, and fun. Past trips have included visits to Columbia University in NYC and Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA, and other venues of interest.
- Working on unique projects and/or internships to fulfill high school or college requirements.
TGCS also offers college-prep support for our high school Ambassadors to help prepare for the college experience, including applying to college, writing the college essay, self and career assessments, and more. In addition, TGCS offers test prep for SAT, ACT, and other standardized and advanced placement tests.
Participants must be at least 14 years of age or older to work as an Ambassador. Applications are accepted from high school and college students wishing to be considered for this program, however, priority is given to TGCS graduates. All potential candidates will be evaluated for participation according to TGCS’ standard hiring practices and procedures, from job application to job interview to hiring decision.
© 2016, The Gifted Child Society. All rights reserved.