TGCS Ambassador Program
About TGCS Ambassador Program
The TGCS Ambassador Program is a leadership development program for high school and college students in which work and leadership opportunities are offered to develop key skills and abilities needed for future success. Our Ambassadors are role models for TGCS students and are trained by TGCS to support and nurture our gifted students. Most Ambassadors are graduates of TGCS.
Many experiences and opportunities are available to TGCS Ambassadors, including:
- Working as a Community Service Volunteer, for which community service hours can be earned to fulfill high school, college, or National Honor Society requirements (must be 14 or older).
- Working as a Program/Teaching Assistant and/or Camp Counselor for TGCS programs such as The Saturday Workshop and Summer Super Stars Camp STEAM (must be 14 or older).
- Working as a Junior Instructor to teach specialized courses for TGCS programs (must be 17 or older).
- Working as a Tutor to help students with their coursework (must be 16 or older).
- Working as an Intern, assisting with unique TGCS projects, events, or activities, to fulfill high school or college requirements (must be 16 or older).
- Participating in the TGCS Ambassador VIP Experience: an experiential day of learning, team building, and fun. Past trips have included visits to Escape Rooms, Columbia University in NYC, Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, PA, and many other extraordinary venues for learning and team-building.
TGCS is available for college-prep support for our high school Ambassadors as needed, to help prepare for the college experience, including applying to college, writing the college essay, self and career assessments, college recommendations, and more.
To be considered for the program, candidates must complete a TGCS Ambassador Employment Application. All applicants will be evaluated according to TGCS’ standard hiring practices and procedures, from job application to job interview to hiring decision.
© 2016, The Gifted Child Society. All rights reserved.